About the business
Corowa Golf Club is nestled on the Murray River, in the heart of the Rutherglen wine district with a 27-hole championship golf course, pro shop, modern clubhouse, luxury cinema and a 35 room motel. All aspects of our Club operate 7 days a week, including the newest edition to our Club, the Federation Cinema.
FULL TIME GREENSKEEPER
Main duties for the role are:
- Carry out all day to day maintenance activities associated with the presentation and maintenance of the course
- Ensuring superior standards of presentation are maintained across the course
- Operation and minor maintenance of motorised equipment
- Pesticide and fertilizer application
- Carry out turf renovation
- Recognise, prescribe and treat turf diseases, weeds and pests
- Installation, repairs and maintenance to bores, water systems and irrigation systems
Skills and experience
- A qualification in Turf Management, Horticulture or equivalent
- The ability to work in a small team and have a strong work ethic
- Willing to work flexible hours, with early starts and weekend work as required
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Valid driver’s license
If you are interested, then don’t waste any time and apply today by emailing your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com by close of business Friday 7th December
Further enquiries can be directed to Human Resources at Corowa Golf Club on 60331466.
FULL TIME APPRENTICE
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Course Superintendent, your primary purpose is to participate as an active and enthusiastic member of the Greens team whilst carrying out the necessary ground care duties. You will assist with course set-up, use of machinery, renovations and utilise skills and knowledge as developed through formal and work place training. You must be willing to work flexible hours, with early starts and weekend work as required.
You would be expected to undertake a 4-year apprenticeship in Certificate III Sports Turf Management, as approved by the Course Superintendent.
The key tasks include:
- Participate in the maintenance, renovation and reconstruction of turf and garden areas and playing surfaces
- Attend TAFE classes as required and make every effort to maximise educational opportunities
What does the Club need from me?
- Willingness to undertake studies in Certificate III in Turf Management
- A genuine interest in Greenskeeping
- Drivers license desirable but not essential
If you are interested, then don’t waste any time and apply today by emailing your resume with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business Friday 7th December 2018..
Further enquiries can be directed to Human Resources at Corowa Golf Club on 60331466
CASUAL HOSPITALITY STAFF
As we come to our busiest time of the year we have multiple opportunities for enthusiastic, energetic customer service focused casual bar, gaming and reception staff wishing to join a supportive team.
These positions require you to have a current NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG), a current Drivers Licence, as well as the flexibility to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
If you are immaculately presented, have exceptional communication skills with a natural flair for providing outstanding customer service, then we’d love to hear from you. Previous experience in hospitality would be highly regarded.
Very attractive rates including weekend penalties apply.
For more information contact Paula at Corowa Golf Club on 026033146 or email your resume to email@example.com